What’s the fastest way to level in WoW? On Friday, March 20th, 2020, Blizzard Entertainment surprised the fans with a 100 percent experience buff called Winds of Wisdom. Most WoW players are currently stuck at
What’s the fastest way to level in WoW? On Friday, March 20th, 2020, Blizzard Entertainment surprised the fans with a 100 percent experience buff called Winds of Wisdom. Most WoW players are currently stuck at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic so this is welcome news. The 100 percent experience buff is valid until the Shadowlands pre-patch and will help you gain several levels within a few hours. You can level quickly even after the buff expires with these tips.
How to level fast in WoW is a hot topic. Please feel free to mention your leveling strategies in the comments below. There’s no perfect way to level quickly. So what works for you might not work for someone else. Leveling is an important component in video games. It’s what makes our characters stronger. Although leveling can feel grindy all gamers are aware of why most games make you level. We usually enjoy feeling that sense of accomplishment. Leveling also requires you to spend more time within the game world. If it wasn’t for leveling players probably wouldn’t explore some game worlds as often.
Since I share awesome products with people like you, naturally my content may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. If you take action (i.e. subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, I’ll earn some coffee money (or game time *gasp*).
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please refer to Paid for Advertising.com which explains affiliate marketing in more detail.
What’s The Fastest Way To Level In WoW?
If you’re new to the MMORPG genre of games you’ll need help to level. Leveling on the PlayStation or Xbox consoles usually requires you to attack enemies. Games like World of Warcraft are different. Your goal is to quest. So you’ll want to find a quest hub. The quickest way to do this is to check the Command Board located in your factions major cities. These boards will have a quest that will send you to a new zone. Be sure to pick up all of the quests from a town, an encampment, or area before you head out. Quest givers have a yellow exclamation mark floating over their heads. When you complete a quest the exclamation changes into a yellow question mark. Often all of the quests are going to send you to the same place so you might as well grab them all.
Are you looking for more in-depth help for WoW? Then check out Zygor Guides they offer the best World of Warcraft game guides online!
Easiest Ways To Gain Bonus Experience
How to level fast in WoW is subjective. Not every player has access to the same resources. The first few tips are things all players can do regardless of how long you’ve been playing the game. Some methods may require gold or larger time investment. Don’t worry about trying to do strategies that don’t fit your play style. World of Warcraft should be fun to play and not feel like a chore.
- Rested Bonus – Logging off in a city, inn, or your garrison provides your character with a rested bonus. When your character is resting they will have three ZZZ’s underneath their portrait. You accumulate a more rested bonus the longer you rest. The experience bar at the bottom of your screen turns blue when you’re well-rested. Each blue bubble on the bar represents how much of the bonus you’ve earned. So for every eight hours you’ve spent logged out of the game, you’ll gain about five percent of your current level. It’s possible to gain a maximum of 30 bubbles which equals 150 percent of your current level.
- War Mode – Turning on War Mode in Stormwind or Orgrimmar gives you a 10 percent experience buff. The downside to this decision is that you’re marked as PvP. This means that other players can attack you in the game world, and War Mode can only be turned off within Stormwind, Orgrimmar or an inn.
Is leveling in WoW taking too long? Check out Blazing Boost and their leveling and gearing services. Blazing Boost has a 5-star rating on Trustpilot.
Darkmoon Faire – Easiest Ways To Gain Bonus Experience Cont.
- Darkmoon Faire – The Darkmoon Faire occurs in the first week of each month. You can attend the fair by visiting a portal in Elwynn Forest if you play Alliance or in Mulgore if you play Horde. The portal will take you to Darkmoon Island. To gain the experience buff you can purchase Darkmoon ride tickets to ride the carousel or the roller coaster. Riding the carousel or the roller coaster will grant you the Whee! buff. The buff will give you a 10 percent experience boost for one hour.
- Darkmoon Faire Cont. – You could also earn Darkmoon Prize Tickets from playing games at the fair and purchase yourself Darkmoon Top Hats. The top hats also grant you a 10 percent experience buff for one hour, but the hat is only usable during the fair.
- Darkmoon Faire Conclusion – You can buy the Faded Treasure Map from Galissa Sundew to start the one-time-only quest Silas’ Secret Stash. The map costs 100 Darkmoon Daggermaw and they can be fished up in the waters around the island. The treasure map sends you on a treasure hunt. Once you complete the hunt you’ll gain 100 Darkmoon Prize Tickets. These can be used to purchase various prizes which include Heirloom Gear which will be explained in more detail below.
Are you looking forward to the Shadowlands expansion? Then you might want to pre-order the official prequel novel to prepare for the expansion releasing later this year. Shadow’s Rising by Madeleine Roux will be available on Amazon.com on July 14, 2020.
Easiest Ways To Gain Bonus Experience Continued
- Holidays – Throughout the year different holidays are celebrated in Azeroth. These holidays usually align with real-world holidays. Some holidays in the game will give you an experience buff. The holidays that don’t provide you with an experience buff will give you other perks. So you can expect a temporary boost to your stats or reputation gains.
Holidays Which Provide An Experience Buff
- Midsummer Fire Festival – The Ribbon Dance buff grants you a 10 percent experience gain for one hour. You get this temporary boost by having your character grab the fiery ribbon on the pole and twirl. The longer your twirl than the longer the buff will last.
- Hallow’s End – The Hallow’s End festivities align with Halloween in the real world. To gain the Unburdened (Alliance)/Grim Visage (Horde) experience buff, you need to honor the Wickerman’s flame.
- WoW Anniversary – World of Warcraft’s anniversary is always celebrated in November. Usually, players are given a present in the in-game mail. There may be an experience buff provided as a gift for the event.
More Ways To Gain Bonus Experience Cont.
- Herb/Mining – Professions in World of Warcraft aren’t in demand like they were back in Vanilla, but you can still use them to your advantage. Picking up herbalism and mining will grant you experience each time you gather something. The experience will vary depending on the type of plant or ore you’re gathering. It also depends on the zone or expansion you’re gathering the herb or ore from.
- Pet Battles – What’s the fastest way to level in WoW? Pet battles are a fun way to level your battle pets and your character. These battles are similar to a Pokémon style where you battle other players’ pets and animals in the game world. It takes approximately four pet battles to get a pet to level ten. Once you level your pet to level ten then your character should begin earning between 800 to 1000 experience per battle. Try wearing heirloom gear and turning on War Mode when you engage in pet battles. These experience boosts should stack and help you level faster.
- Battle Standard of Coordination – If you’re in a guild then you can visit a guild vendor and purchase a standard. The Battle Standard of Coordination (Alliance)/Battle Standard of Coordination (Horde) can be bought once you’re friendly with your guild. There are three standards you can obtain which are available to both Horde and Alliance. The other two standards include the Banner of Cooperation (5 percent experience boost) and the Standard of Unity (10 percent experience boost) but the Battle Standard of Coordination is the best because it provides a 15 percent boost to experience.
Are you a fan of WoW and the Young Adult genre of books? Then check out Traveler (World of Warcraft: Traveler Book 1) by Greg Weisman on Amazon.com.
What’s The Fastest Way To Level In WoW?
Let’s Take A Glance At More Expensive And Unique Strategies
What’s the fastest way to level in WoW? These next suggestions are simple, but a couple of them might be difficult if you’re new to the game. These strategies may require you to have gold or friendship connections in the game you might not have yet. Don’t worry about utilizing ideas not available to you. Leveling should be a fun experience. Your focus should be on the sense of accomplishment you’ll feel once you hit the level cap.
- Heirloom Gear – Heirloom gear is armor you can purchase once you have a character at a higher level. This type of armor requires an investment of gold and time. You can purchase heirlooms using gold, marks of honor, Darkmoon prize tickets, and champion’s seals. Once you’ve purchased heirlooms you can access them in the collections tab. Heirloom gear is great to use for alts (characters you play besides your main character). Each heirloom piece will grant you between a five and ten percent experience boost. If you equip every armor slot with an heirloom piece you can give your character a 50 percent experience buff. You can gain heirloom gear in various ways. The most common way is by purchasing it from a vendor. You can find heirloom vendors in major cities, the Darkmoon Faire, and the Argent Tournament. If you’re interested in obtaining heirloom rings you can find these at your garrison and the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
Heirloom Vendor Locations
- Krom Stoutarm – Ironforge – Hall of Explorers
Guild Vendors – Alliance
- Steeg Haskell – Ironforge – Visitors Center
- Shay Pressler – Stormwind – Trade District in the Visitors Center
- Nuri – The Exodar – Trader’s Tier
- Velia Moonbow – Darnassus – Craftsman’s Terrace in the Guild Hall
- Estelle Gendry – Undercity/Rogue Quarter or Orgrimmar/Valley of Strength on the main gate (after level 110)
Guild Vendors – Horde
- Larissia – Silvermoon City – Silvermoon Registry
- Goram – Orgrimmar – Valley of Strength inside of Grommash Hold
- Randah Songhorn – Thunder Bluff – Central Rise
- Kim Horn – Undercity – Trade Quarter
For more information regarding heirloom collections and vendor locations please refer to Wowhead.com.
Your Friends Are Your Power!
Recruit a Friend-
World of Warcraft is more fun with friends. So it makes perfect sense that recruiting friends would grant you both bonuses. One of the many rewards for inviting a friend to WoW is for the experience. When you and your friend are in the same party you can earn a 50 percent experience buff. The buff doesn’t stack with heirlooms and rested experience.
More Unique Ways To Gain Bonus Experience
What’s the fastest way to level in WoW? Now that we’ve discussed the easiest ways to gain more experience, let’s talk about more challenging ones. Obtaining the items could prove difficult because of cost or supplies. Certain benefits may only work in different level brackets. For example, an elixir may only work for levels 90 – 100.
- Draught of Ten Lands – The Draught of Ten Lands is a potion that increases your experience gained by 10 percent for one hour. To obtain this potion you’ll need to grind service medals. Service medals are earned by doing the Warfront quests, faction assaults, and opening paragon caches. Alliance can buy the draught in Boralas from Provisioner Stoutforge, and Horde can purchase the draught from Provisioner Mukra in Dazar’alor.
- Insightful Rubellite – The Insightful Rubellite may not be the fastest way to level in WoW, but it’ll help. To utilize this gem you’ll need to have a Jewelcrafter craft one of four rings: Kubiline Ring, Solstone Ring, Kyanite Ring, and Golden Beryl Ring. Be sure to place the gem inside of the prismatic socket for a five percent experience boost. The gem requires you to have an item level of 200.
Azeroth is home to unique food and dishes. Check out World of Warcraft: The Official Cookbook by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel on Amazon.com to learn how to cook WoW’s most famous cuisines.
More Unique Ways To Gain Bonus Experience Cont.
- Elixir of the Rapid Mind – The Elixir of the Rapid Mind increases your experience by 300 percent for 15 minutes. To obtain this elixir you’ll have to find it on the Black Market Auction House inside of a Savage Gift. The elixir will only work until level 99. Horde players can access the Black Market by visiting Madam Goya in Dazar’alor at the Tortolloan Refuge. Alliance players can visit Madam Gosu in Boralus at Hook Point. You can also obtain an Encrypted Black Market Radio from Mechagon Island.
- Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning – Next in the fastest ways to level in WoW is the excess potion of accelerated learning. The potion will increase your experience gain by 20 percent for one hour. You can only use the potion below level 99. Your garrison quartermaster is where you can purchase this potion and it costs 100 garrison resources. The potion stacks with the Draught of Ten Lands which means you increase your experience by 30 percent for one hour.
What’s The Fastest Way To Level In WoW?
If you enjoy Warcraftlover’s content, then feel free to learn more about how to show your support. The fastest way to level in WoW is going to depend on you. If you’re the type of player who enjoys questing then you might not want to rush through the game.
Hopefully, some of these strategies will help you out if your goal is to level as quickly as possible. Please leave a comment below with your leveling strategies. Don’t forget to share this post on social media if you found it useful. Also, be sure to check Warcraftlover each week for World of Warcraft content.
Before you go, feel free to read our other content. World of Warcraft finally has account-wide essences. Also, if you’re looking for the best gaming PC for WoW, then you’ll want to check out these helpful suggestions. Shadowlands is the next World of Warcraft expansion and will be releasing later this year. So be sure to opt-in to the Shadowlands beta. If you’re worried about hackers or the government gaining access to your private information online, then you may want to learn more about VPN services and what they provide. Be sure you understand both the benefits and the risks of using a VPN to protect your data, especially because you play World of Warcraft and other PC games.
Thank you for hanging out at my Hearth.
Spyells is a published author and blogger. She’s played World of Warcraft since the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Geeking out over Warcraft, Disney, Kingdom Hearts, and Harry Potter is her favorite thing. She enjoys traveling and loves to cook. On most days you can find Spyells in Azeroth exploring it’s many wonders and protecting its ancient lands.
Learn more About Spyells Here.